In 2008-2010, six astronomy investigative studies were carried out to test the feasibility of these studies in the New Senior Secondary physics curriculum, sponsored by Quality Education Fund.
In each investigation, pictures of the moon or the sun were taken. Related calculations or reading were then carried out.
Course notes [rar]
Teaching materials [rar]
Outline of each investigation [pdf]
Additiona reference notes for teachers [pdf]
1. Change in Earth-Moon distance [ppt]
2. Evolution of the moon [ppt]
3. Change in the moon in one night [ppt]
4. Solar phenomena [ppt]
5. The sun in various wavelengths [ppt]
6. Measurement of the rotational rate of the sun [ppt]